"Head-projected wounds." The first death caused by the explosion of an electronic cigarette

                                                                                

A 38-year-old man from Florida, USA, died after the electronic cigarette he was using exploded. This is the first death ever recorded.

As a result of the autopsy, it was found that the explosion of the device's battery sent more "projectiles" to the man's head and caused a fire in his home.

Tallmadge D'Elia was found in his bedroom. The cause of death was officially recorded as a "head injured wound". Two pieces of the electronic cigarette broke up after the battery exploded and slammed into the victim's skull. After the resulting fire, the man suffered burns on 80% of the body.

 Photo: Itay Kabalo / Unsplash "longdesc =" {full_url: 'http://storage0.dms.mpinteractiv.ro/media/2/84/2031/17219238/1/vaping.jpg', height: '390 ', width:' 640 '} "align =" "/> </p>
<p style=

According to the investigators, the cigarette was customizable. Users could change some components, including the battery. The device, manufactured in the Philippines, is distributed in the US by Smok-E Mountain.

Between 2009 and 2016, 195 cases were reported in the United States where electronic cigarettes have fired or exploded. Following these incidents, 133 people were injured, of which 38 were serious

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*