Under macOS High Sierr There are even more options. You can adjust the color of the folder with just a few clicks to your wishes and thus make it much more individual. This increases the recognition value for specific file groups and makes it easier to find them. For example, you can create color codes to see the current state of the art. Finished files can be placed in a green folder, for example, while unfinished ones are hidden behind a red icon.
Finder: How to change the folder color under macOS
We would like to explain to you with the aid of a new folder how you can give it a different color or even an image as an icon. Therefore, first create a folder on the desktop by right-clicking and selecting “New Folder” from the context menu. Now click on it with the right mouse button and select “Information”. You will now be presented with a comprehensive information window. Here you select the folder icon above the input field “Tags” and copy it by pressing the command key (cmd) + (c) on your keyboard.
Now open the Finder and call the programmer. Folder up. Start the application “Preview” here. Click on “File> New from Clipboard” in the menu bar to insert the old icon. You will now see several icons. Select one, and then click Tools> Color Correction on the menu bar to adjust the color for the new icon. For example, the individual sliders can turn the blue symbol into a green or gray one.
Once you have made your adjustments, the new version must be completely selected. To do this, press the Command (cmd) + (a) key so that the software framed the icon with dashes. Then copy it by pressing Command (cmd) + (c) on the keyboard. Now go back to the info window of the folder. Now select the icon next to the name again and replace it with the new version. You can now insert the modified image using the Cmd + (v) key. Your folder is now colorful and can be better distinguished.
Professional tip : You can also set other or your own pictures as a folder icon. Copy a photo and paste it as described above.
- Step 1 Create a new folder.
- Step 2 : Right-click on the folder and select “Information.”
- Step 3 : Now click on the folder icon next to the name and then press Command (cmd) + (c).
- Step 4 : Open the Preview app and paste the folder using “File> New from Clipboard”
- Step 5 : On the menu bar, click “Tools> Color Correction”.
- Step 6 : You can use the various sliders to create the Adjust the color of the folder.
- Step 7 : Once you have adjusted the color, press the Command (cmd ) + (a) so that the folder is outlined in dashed lines.
- Step 8 : Now press the Command (cmd) + (c) to copy the folder.
- Step 9 : Return to the info window from step 2.
- Step 10 : Now select the icon again and press the command key (cmd) + (v) to change the color.